United Way of the Mohawk Valley is a leading problem solver, innovator, and connector in our community.
For 100 years, we have put our community's donations to work by:
- Innovating and adapting to meet the ever-changing needs of our community.
- Connecting with and funding vital programs impacting our community's access to health, education, and financial stability - the building blocks for a good quality of life.
- Solving problems and filling unmet needs and gaps in services.
OUR VALUE: Delivering the greatest impact.
Our work is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We all win when a child succeeds in school, individuals and families are financially stable, and people are healthy and have access to the things needed for a good quality of life. United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems.
Your contribution to United Way of the Mohawk Valley supports dozens of local programs, helping thousands of people in our community. The result is a direct impact on our community and funding to our partner agencies that provide help and hope to those they serve.
LIVE UNITED: Our Approach to Creating a Thriving Community
No one person or agency can do it alone. That's why we unite individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and local leaders to work together to solve our community's problems. Because everyone in our community should have the opportunity to succeed and your help is vital to the success of our work.
Our community is stronger when we LIVE UNITED.
Together, we are stepping up for our community to beat the odds. Together, we will keep leading the way to a better tomorrow. Together, we can keep moving forward.
Together, we can help our community thrive.
United Way leads strategic initiatives that bring partners together to tackle some of the most stubborn and complex social issues affecting individuals and communities in the Mohawk Valley. These are issues that have multiple causes and defy quick-fix solutions. United Way looks at the big picture and the whole person. With our donors, volunteers, and partner organizations, United Way coordinates efforts around clear goals. The result is a lasting change that improves lives and community conditions today and for generations. Our initiatives are:
- 211 – Information and referral service delivering local solutions. Learn more.
- Childcare | Utica ESPRI – Mohawk Valley's first extended-day childcare center. Learn more.
- Housing and Homelessness – The foundation of health and wellbeing. Learn more.
- Ride United – Breaking down transportation gaps to healthcare. Learn more.
United Way of the Mohawk Valley is a trusted steward of hundreds of thousands of our donors' dollars. We ensure that your donation is used to make the most needed and largest impact on thousands of lives through dozens of programs. Learn more.