LAST UPDATED February 7, 2023
The continued impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) within our region reminds us of our collective responsibility to our families, colleagues, neighbors, and all community members. As an organization dedicated to our community's health and well-being, we closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and take steps to minimize the impact of an outbreak.
To check your eligibility and schedule your COVID-19 vaccination appointment online, visit the NYS Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccine website.
If you have trouble identifying your eligibility or scheduling an appointment online, please call the New York State COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).
COVID-19 Information & Help
Oneida, Herkimer, & Madison County Residents: 211 is available to help connect you to information and help.
Dial 211, or -844-DIAL-211, for COVID-19-related questions.
Search for help online. Click here to access 211 Mid-York's website.
Text your zip code to 898-211.
COVID-19 information is also available from the New York State Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control on reducing the risk of COVID-19 infection for yourself and others, varients, trends, and vaccine information.
Our community is stronger when we LIVE UNITED, and together we can support each other through the challenges and implications of a COVID-19 pandemic. Since March 2020, we stepped-up, acted, adapted, and led the way to overcome evolving challenges facing our community. Some of the actions we took were:
- Started the MV COVID-19 Response Fund with the Community Foundation of Oneida and Herkimer Counties.
- Stayed connected to the non-profit community to identify new needs and changes in services.
- Sourced and distributed thousands of masks to those in need.
- Installed "Born Learning" trail kits in local parks for accessible, safe outdoor activities focused on education.
- Gave away 200 Family Activity Kits to bring new, fun, family-friendly outlets to the home.
- Shifted our fundraising, R4K, and Free Tax Prep efforts to meet the needs of a virtual world.
- Launched our Take & Make meal box distribution series, supplying 139,500 meals to those in need.
- Ramped up and expanded our efforts to fight against housing insecurity and homelessness.
Learn more. COVID-19 Response Recap Timeline
Ensuring Safety for Our Team
Our top priority is the safety of our community, including staff, volunteers, and partners. Since March 2020, we have taken action to ensure our team can continue to serve this community while staying safe and healthy.
United Way MV employees can have the ability to work remotely or in our office. We are set up to hold large meetings through virtual means if needed. When planning events and volunteer opportunities, we consider the best ways to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Sign up for our newsletter for up-to-date announcements on our events and volunteer opportunities.
Moving Forward Together
United Way of the Mohawk Valley continues to do what we do best: Identify and address our community's needs as they evolve. We will continue to work with community leaders, non-profits, local businesses, and individuals to help our community thrive. Because together, we can do more.