Foster community engagement among your generation of leaders.
The mission of Emerging Leaders United is to support the work of United Way and foster community engagement among the next generation of leaders by inspiring philanthropy, professional development, and volunteerism in the Mohawk Valley. Emerging Leaders United provides a variety of opportunities to meet other individuals with similar professional and community interests. Emerging Leaders United members are committed, compassionate and generous individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact throughout our community.
Am I an Emerging Leaders United Member?
Anyone who is identified as 21-40 years of age and donates $100 or more to United Way of the Mohawk Valley annually is an Emerging Leaders United member.
What can Emerging Leaders United offer me?
Emerging Leaders United members develop personally and professionally by participating in a number of events that focus on fundraising, volunteering, and networking.
This unique and dynamic group offers members opportunities to personally contribute towards improving lives through volunteerism in support of United Way of the Mohawk Valley's community impact strategies focused on education, financial stability, and health.
Emerging Leaders United Membership Benefits
- Free Exclusive Member Only Meet Ups
- Discount entry to ELU events
- Welcome email with FREE dessert coupon
- ELU eNewsletters highlighting our members
- Access to the ELU Facebook Group for networking
- Recognition as leadership ELU donor
- ELU SWAG!
Annual ELU Events and Opportunities
Our ELU committee and members host several annual events and opportunities each year!
- Spring Community Clean-up | May
- Golf Tournament | NEW - June 2021
- Hygiene Drive | October
- Channel Your Flannel | November
- Headshot Happy Hour | returning in 2022
- Plus, exclusive member-only events
Connect with ELU members and stay up to date on events and opportunities! Join our Facebook Group
Join an ELU Committee
Help plan ELU events, professional development workshops, and volunteer projects!
Emerging Leaders United committee members assist in planning, decision making, and coordinating all ELU events, plus receive exclusive additional benefits including:
- All general membership benefits listed above
- Free entry to all ELU events
- Saranac Thursdays volunteer pouring opportunity
- Board of Directors and Community Leaders "Connect Panel"
- Coffee with United Way MV CEO
You can choose to apply to join either our Develop Committee or Connect Committee.
Our Develop committee members plan fundraising events and professional development workshops for Emerging Leaders United members. Events include Channel Your Flannel, Headshot Happy Hour, and new in 2021 our Golf Tournament.
Our Connect committee members plan community volunteer projects and opportunities to connect for Emerging Leaders United members. Events include our Hygiene Drive, Spring Clean-up, and exclusive member-only events.
How to Join
Interested in joining one of our ELU committees? Committee member requirements include:
- A one-year commitment with onboarding bi-annually in January or July
- Must be between 21-40 years of age
- Live and/or work within Oneida or Herkimer counties
- Make an annual donation to United Way MV (suggested amount of $100 minimum)
Questions? Contact Carli Sterling at CarliS@unitedwaymv.org.
ELU Committee Members
Millie Occhionero - Chair
Courtney Kahler - Co-Chair
Melinda Green – Chair
Leanne Allen – Co-chair