Emerging Leaders United (ELU) supports young professionals developing both personally and professionally by focusing on fundraising, volunteering, and networking.
The mission of Emerging Leaders United is to support the work of United Way and foster community engagement among the next generation of leaders in the Mohawk Valley. ELU members are committed individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact in our community.
Anyone between the ages of 21-40 that donates $100 or more annually to United Way of the Mohawk Valley is identified as an Emerging Leaders United Society Member.
ELU Society Membership Benefits
- Welcome email to activate benefits
- Free exclusive member-only meet-ups
- Opportunity for a free professional headshot annually
- Discount entry to ELU events
- ELU eNewsletters highlighting our members, volunteer opportunities, networking, and fundraising events
- Access to the ELU Facebook group for networking
- Recognition as leadership ELU donor
- ELU SWAG!
Annual ELU Events and Opportunities
- Spring Community Clean-up | May
- Golf Tournament | NEW - June
- Hygiene Drive | October
- Channel Your Flannel | November
- Plus, exclusive member-only events including this year's Exclusive Headshot Happy Hour in July
Connect with ELU members and stay up to date on events and opportunities! Join our Facebook Group
Join an ELU Committee
Emerging Leaders United Committee Members assist in planning and coordinating ELU events and volunteer projects!
As an ELU committee member, you will also receive exclusive additional benefits, including:
- All general membership benefits listed above
- Free entry to ELU events (excluding ELU Golf Tournament - discount only.)
- Saranac Thursdays volunteer pouring opportunity
- Board of Directors and Community Leaders "Connect Panel"
- Coffee with United Way MV CEO
- Recognition on our website
Interested in joining one of our ELU committees?
Applications are accepted year-round. Review and selection of new committee member applications are completed in January and July.
You can choose to apply to join either our Events Committee or Volunteer & Membership Committee.
ELU Events Committee
ELU Volunteer & Membership Committee
Committee member requirements include:
- A one-year commitment with onboarding bi-annually in January or July
- Must be between 21-40 years of age
- Live and/or work within Oneida or Herkimer counties
- Make an annual donation to United Way MV (suggested amount of $100 minimum)
Questions? Contact Carli Sterling at CarliS@unitedwaymv.org.
ELU Committee Members
Millie Occhionero, Assured Information Security | Chair
Courtney Kahler, Villa Verona Vineyard/Crown Coordination | Co-Chair
Karina Casaletta, M&T Bank
Marissa Filletti, Terakeet
Trevor Kalwara, Whitcraft
Lindsey Mandia, Utica National Insurance
Nays Molina, Department of Health
Hilarie Pirger, M&T Bank
Paige Reina, NBT Bank
Eric Rightmier, Indium Corporation
Justiss Usborne, Special Metals Corporation
Rebecca Wellner, Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways
Maggie Williams, United Way of the Mohawk Valley
Volunteer & Membership Committee
Melinda Green, SMSA Architectural Services – Chair
Leanne Allen, Human Technologies – Co-chair
Emily Hansen, Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees
Melanie Kekis, NBT Bank
Sarah Militano, Paradigm Consulting, Inc.
Travis Rabbers, Delta Hotel by Marriott
Ashley Rose, The House of Good Shepard
Stephanie Todd, Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York
Meghan Way, Fred F. Collis and Sons
Bernadette Wormuth, The House of Good Shepard
Harrison Zogby, Scalzo, Zogby & Wittig