Emerging Leaders United (ELU) supports young professionals developing both personally and professionally by focusing on fundraising, volunteering, and networking.
The mission of Emerging Leaders United is to support the work of United Way and foster community engagement among the next generation of leaders in the Mohawk Valley. ELU members are committed individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact in our community.
Anyone between the ages of 21-40 that donates $100 or more annually to United Way of the Mohawk Valley is identified as an Emerging Leaders United Society Member.
ELU Society Membership Benefits
- Welcome email to activate benefits
- Free exclusive member-only meet-ups
- Opportunity for a free professional headshot annually
- Discount entry to ELU events
- ELU eNewsletters highlighting our members, volunteer opportunities, networking, and fundraising events
- Access to the ELU Facebook group for networking
- Recognition as leadership ELU donor
- ELU SWAG!
Annual ELU Events and Opportunities
- Spring Community Clean-up | May
- Golf Tournament | June
- Hygiene Drive | October
- Channel Your Flannel | November (canceled for 2021)
- Plus, exclusive member-only events including this year's Exclusive Headshot Happy Hour in July. (Contact JenniferH@unitedwaymv.org to register.)
Connect with ELU members and stay up to date on events and opportunities! Join our Facebook Group
Interested in joining one of our ELU committees?
Applications are accepted year-round. Review and selection of new committee member applications are completed in January and July.
You can choose to apply to join either our Events Committee or Volunteer & Membership Committee.
ELU Events Committee
ELU Volunteer & Membership Committee
Committee member requirements include:
- A one-year commitment with onboarding bi-annually in January or July
- Must be between 21-40 years of age
- Live and/or work within Oneida or Herkimer counties
- Make an annual donation to United Way MV (suggested amount of $100 minimum)
Questions? Contact Jennifer Hagen at JenniferH@unitedwaymv.org.
Courtney Kahler, Villa Verona Vineyard/Crown Coordination | Chair
Eric Rightmier, Indium Corporation | Co-Chair
Karina Casaletta, M&T Bank
Marissa Filletti, Terakeet
Trevor Kalwara, Whitcraft
Lindsey Mandia, Utica National Insurance
Millie Occhionero, Assured Information Security
Hilarie Lynn, M&T Bank
Paige Reina, NBT Bank
Justiss Usborne, Special Metals Corporation
Rebecca Wellner, Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways
Volunteer & Membership Committee
Leanne Allen, Human Technologies | Chair
Bernadette Wormuth, The House of Good Shepard | Co-chair
Melinda Green, SMSA Architectural Services
Emily Hansen, Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees
Allison Helmer, NBT Bank
Melanie Kekis, NBT Bank
Michael Marchio, Northwestern Mutual
Sarah Militano, Paradigm Consulting, Inc.
Travis Rabbers, M&T Bank
Harrison Zogby, Scalzo, Zogby & Wittig