Our data guru on the housing team, Linda began her career with United Way MV in August 2019. She received a B.S. in Education from SUNY Cortland, and is a Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP). Working as part of the United Way team was not her first experience with the organization; she volunteered for United Way of Rome as a budget panel member and has been involved in nonprofit work for 42 years.
United Way is a leading problem solver, innovator, and connector in the Mohawk Valley. Linda considers herself a “connector”, as she connects the dots between data and real people in her work every day. Her favorite thing about her career is that every day has new challenges and she was drawn to working for United Way because of its reputation of excellence in the community it serves.
Some fun facts about Linda are:
- Her favorite pizza is an upside-down pizza with sausage and banana peppers from Hot Off the Brick in Westmoreland.Her favorite tomato pie is from Roma’s in New Hartford.
- Old Forge is Linda’s favorite place to visit in the area and she loves to hike and take walks.
- Her favorite community event is Irish Fest.
- If Linda could have lunch with one person, it would be her mom.
- She’s a dog person to her core – it’s the unconditional love for her!
- Linda and her wife have been together for 37 years, and they have a Shih Tzu named “Howdy.”
- If she won the lottery, she would pay off her debt, and move to a warmer climate.
- Her favorite quote to live by is “Rainbows and puddles are forever.”
- Her favorite concert she has attended was Reba McIntire.
- Linda’s spirit animal is a wolf.
Would She Rather?
We asked Linda some “Would you rather” questions, and here’s how she answered:
- She would rather have a silver tongue than a golden voice.
- She would rather be able to talk to animals than know what they’re thinking.
- She would rather never have to stand in line than have every traffic light be green.
- She would rather live on a beach than in a cabin in the woods.
- She would rather watch the movie than read the book.