Amy began her career with United Way MV in January 2020 as a Family School Navigator for Little Falls and Central Valley as part of United Way’s R4K (Ready for Kindergarten) Initiative. In addition to her B.A. in Family Studies with a concentration in Children and Family Studies, she also has a certification in Family Development.
United Way is a leading problem solver, innovator, and connector in the Mohawk Valley. As an innovator, Amy enjoys creating new ideas and bringing a positive change to her community through her work with R4K. Her favorite thing about her career is “working closely with the school, community, and families to enhance children’s school readiness and promote future success in their lives.”
Some fun facts about Amy are:
- Her favorite community event is the Little Falls Cheese Festival, and her favorite event in 2020 was the Empire State Race-Off.
- Amy loves running half marathons with her best friend.
- If she won the lottery, Amy would roll around in the money piles like Scrooge McDuck.
- She has been married to her husband Bill for over a decade, and they have three daughters – Alyssa, Aubrey, and Alaina.
- Amy loves all types of music. She’s currently obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack!
Would She Rather?
We asked Amy some “Would you rather” questions, and here’s how she answered:
She would rather be a famous actor than a director.
She would rather see 10 minutes into her own future, than into the future of anyone else.
She’d rather read the book than watch the movie.
If she had to choose between a donkey and giraffe for a mode of transportation, she would pick a giraffe.
She’d rather spend the rest of her life living in an RV than on a sailboat.