A graduate of Florida State University with a B.S. in Accounting, Jaime Bonfardice, began her career with United Way MV in August 2018. She’s a very proud mom of 7 amazing kids, and she and her husband have been together for 20 years. Jaime has been involved in nonprofit work for over 6 years and loves working for United Way “because of the people we touch and help. It is really rewarding when you see the smile on someone’s face.” Find out more about how United Way helps people in the Mohawk Valley, such as our latest event that took place this past weekend.
United Way is a leading problem solver, innovator, and connector in the Mohawk Valley. As a problem solver, Jaime has helped implement better and more efficient processes in the finance department to improve productivity. She also has her Notary Public certification!
Jaime’s favorite United Way event is Women United (formerly 100 Women Who Care), a fundraiser for UWMV’s R4K (Ready for Kindergarten) program. This event, sponsored by Excellus BCBS, is geared towards women’s health and wellness and brings together many area small businesses for a fun night out with women in our community.
Some fun facts about Jaime are:
- Jaime’s family recently added a furry family member, Zeus the golden doodle!
- She loves to bake anything with chocolate.
- Her favorite place to visit is Disney World. Who doesn’t love Disney?!
- The Maldives is on her bucket list to visit.
- Her favorite tomato pie is from Roma’s in Utica.
- Her motto to live by is “Don’t stress over things you don’t have control over!"
Would She Rather?
We asked Jaime some “Would you rather” questions, and here’s how she answered:
- She would rather be able to fly for one day than be invisible.
- She would rather live on a beach than a cabin in the woods.
- She would rather have an underwater car than a flying carpet.
- She’d rather watch the movie than read the book.
- She would rather live under a sky with no clouds during the day than with no stars at night.
- She’d rather freeze time than time travel.